Monday, September 21, 2009

Windows 2008 R2 Blue Screen in HP Servers

Today I was told about a possible problem when enabling Hyper-V Role on some HP Server models with Windows 2008 R2 installed, appears that the problem is well known in HP internal documents.

The solution:
So far sounds that disabling the disabling Intel Core C3 State option in the BIOS solves the problem.

After little Google search I found this in Minasi Forum

If you’ve this problem, please let me know if that solves your problem.

I already upgrade most of my environment to R2 version of Hyper-V including SCVMM 2008 R2. I waited for the supported version of HP firmware “ver. 8.60”/software/Drivers “ver.8.30” for HP DL380G5 servers, you can find them here, after applying the new firmware and drivers everything worked fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment